> Up until now, I've been running kde 1 and it works fine. But I'm
> thinking of switching to AfterStep. I know I will lose some of the
> "integrated desktop" functionality, but I really don't use it much
> anyway -- most of my work is done in an xterm.

Afterstep! Afterstep! Rah rah rah! Go for it! Hmmm, I feel a screenshot
coming on...

And loading my own screenshot crashed my machine. Thats funny. Thank god
it seems they've fixed the damn VM in the latest kernel 2.4...

At least the message was saved. ;)

http://www.404error.com/seg/stuff/screen3.jpg

> Any opinions on full desktop environs vs. "plain" window managers?

Simply I* don't need GNOME so I don't use it. ;)