> I hate to say it, but CD writing is pretty hard to do right on my
> system.  I cannot have X Windows running for one reason or another (even
> though I have a SCSI drive and (I think) a moderately decent PCI
> controller).  In case you haven't tried it, make sure you are running as
> few extra programs/daemons as possible.  Maybe even disconnect your
> computer from the network if you have to (you might be getting huge
> numbers of interrupts or something).

Argh. It makes no sense. Its not loaded down. I went and unplugged the
HD thats on the same IDE chain, (It kinda sucks) and booted without X,
and just started cdrecord. It works. Now the question is, was it
removing the HD or running without X that fixed it. ;P

Never had this problem before, too bad I can't remember what X I was
running when it was working. Probably back before I added three
monitors. Three monitors really* eats ram really* bad for some reason. I
still don't see why it disrupts cd recording. I left the machine alone,
it wasn't swapping, its not running out of RAM or cycles...

Grrrr...