Yeah, that was a limit of NTFS4.  NTFS5 has no file size
limitation.  It also adds some other cool features to the mix,
such as quotas (finally), even more security attributes, the
encrypted filesystem, what they called Distributed Link
Tracking - it allows things like shortcuts, etc. to "follow" the
location of files. (not new, been in the Mac alias for years,
but still nice to have.), a sort of pseudo-symbolic link
feature, and sparse file support.

I really wish we had a full-featured file system like that under Linux,
but it may be a while.  Actually, all I really want is unlimited
file size - is that to omuch to ask?

Nick

veldy at veldy.net, on 09/28/2000 08:23:14 AM