I'm still looking.. I talked to someone who is also looking at the nortel
system.. the call router is actualy a real router, not NT like the cisco
system.  tho you need to attach a VM system to the nortel.. which is what
the NT machine is for. (ick)  my VM system is OS/2 right now.. it rocks :)
you do need a little more power for VoIP systems.. they do software
compression codec's so you need somethign to compress audio streams.
i'm still looking at different boxes.. but it sounds like the cisco stuff
lacks a little in functionality.. (well.. nortel is THE phone system
company)  but i'm really looking forward to playing with Linux based PBX's

Thank You,
        Ben Kochie (ben at nerp.net)