> > > apt-get install is your friend. All of these things are apt-gettable.
> >
> > yep, thats what I did.  Unfortunately the PHP package doesn't include MySQL
> > support
> > so grab the source.  But then the Apache development environment was missing for
> > creating the php apache module, so also had to grab the source for Apache.
> > But, yes, apt-get's the greatest when it gets ya what ya needs. :)
> > -jh
>
> Ummm, I dunno about MySQL, but for postgresql, apt-get install
> php4-pgsql, then dl("pgsql.so") in your php scripts to use it. MySQL
> doesn't do the same thing?

Yes,  apache/php4/postgresql work fine together when "apt-get'ed" (apt-got?).  When I
tried the same thing with mysql, I got php error messages saying it couldn't
recognize the imbedded mysql commands.  All the FAQ's said the only recource is too
recompile php w/ mysql support.  Since I'm only a pseudo-hacker, I just took them at
their word.
-jh