I had a similar problem using NS' mail before.  When I started getting a
lot of messages it would act real strangely. I'd get double messages.
Best I could tell it was a problem with netscape because I watched popper
and it was telling me I was only downloading X messages when I was seeing
2x in netscape.

Adam Maloney
Systems Administrator
Sihope Communications