Nick.T.Reinking at supervalu.com wrote:

> The Trident cards have extremely poor performance all around.
>
> I doubt that they'll be able to push 1280x1024x32bpp (or 16bpp),
> and if they can, it's going to slow down your machine a bunch.

Newer ones will, but it'll be dog slow, and the video quality will be
horrible.

Beware the visual quality on cheapass cards. I went from an ATI Rage II+
to a 3dfx Banshee, and the difference was night and day. At a mere
1024x768x32x48hz interlaced, the Rage II was way blurry, but the 3dfx
was crystal clear. I didn't even know a video card could affect display
quality like that until I saw it for myself. I just thought it was the
suckass monitor I was using at that point. ;)