Hi,
I just installed Mandrake 7.1 and my Name resolution
is not working. I have uswest DSL service, so I have
the primary/secondary nameservers' IP address in
my /etc/resolve.conf My problem is when I do nslookup,

it says
"Can't find server name for <ip-addr of primary>"
"Can't find server name for <ip-addr of secondary>"
"No response from default servers"

I understand that apart from nameserver entries, I
need to put 2 more entires in /etc/resolv.conf,
domain and search. But since my machine is not visible

from internet (Its DHCP assigned  IP address is
10.0.0.2) I'm not sure what domain and search values
to put there.

Do I *have* to run local nameserver (named) in this
case ?

Thanks for any help.

-Mandar

http://im.yahoo.com/