Hi,

On Thu, 21 Sep 2000, Brian T wrote:

> a quick question, my netware ate my win98, if I reload win 98 can I boot
> into linux with my original boot disk and rebuild lilo without having to
> reload linux?   I know it's silly question but I've had trouble doing
> that before.

You should have no problem. As long as you can get to a Linux prompt and
it can see your HDDs. You have to mount your / and /boot (if you have
one), and run lilo with the -r parameter. For example, assuming your / was
/dev/hda5 and /boot is /dev/hda1:

# mkdir /mnt2     (RedHat bootdisks put important stuff in /mnt)
# mount /dev/hda5 /mnt2
# mount /dev/hda1 /mnt2/boot
# /mnt2/sbin/lilo -r /mnt
Added Linux *
Added Doze
# umount /mnt2/boot
# umount /mnt2

... and the reboot.

Apologies in advance if you already knew all this (;

-Yaron