On Thu, 21 Sep 2000, Mike Hicks wrote:

> I suppose you may be missing `nmbd', which handles the hostname<->IP
> negotiation (a cheapo DNS, basically).  Make sure that's running..

I was able to connect using smbclient with no trouble. Interestingly, there
is no nmbd daemon running. I did a /etc/init.d/samba stop followed by
/etc/init.d/samba start, and the system reported that it had started the
smbd and nmbd daemons, but ps only shows smbd. Hmmmm. Starting is manually
doesn't seem to work either. Anybody know why nmbd would refuse to run?

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson      | Visit Sibley online:         | Check out:
Henry Sibley HS | http://www.isd197.k12.mn.us/ | http://www.zope.org/