Hi all, I am using apache and would like the addresses rewritten.

When a person types http://www.globalfilesystem.org into thier location bar I
want the seemlessly directed to http://www.sistina.com/gfs/ and have it show
up thusly in the location bar. Right now we are using a redirect document as a
"quick fix" but it's very irritating when you can't back out.

What I am trying is the following in my httpd.conf with the mod_rewrite
RewriteEngine on
RewriteLog "/var/log/apache/rewrite.log"
RewriteLogLevel 1

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST}   !^www\.globalfilesystem\.org\  [NC]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST}   !^$
RewriteRule ^/(.*)    http://www.sistina.com/gfs/ [L,R]

The docs on the apache.org and the modules' website are sketchy and I am not
very good with regexps. If someone has done this before I cauold sure use a
few pointers. Thanks.
--
Ben Lutgens  Work: 612.379.5941 Cell: 612.670.4789  Home: 651.703.9541
Systems Administrator Sistina Software Inc. http://www.globalfilesystem.org/

Internet Explorer (n): Another bug, that is, a feature that can't be turned
off, in Windows.  See also: monopoly.