Perry,

What does it expect to run it? If it is a shell script (like bash), do
this:

	% bash runInstaller

It may have to do with the options given in /etc/fstab for mounting that
partition (noexec is the option, I think).

HTH,

Troy

Perry Hoekstra wrote:

> Greet the sun all:
>
> I have an install script on a CD-ROM that I am unable to execute.  An
> <ls> shows the following:
>
> -r-xr-xr-x   1 root     root       686 Apr 26 21:15 runInstaller
>
> When I try to execute the script (as root), I get a:
>
> bash: ./runInstaller: Permission denied
>
> Can I do anything in order to run the script?
>
> --
> Perry Hoekstra
> E-Commerce Architect
> Talent Software Services
> dutchman at mn.uswest.net

Troy Johnson   mailto:john1536 at tc.umn.edu   http://umn.edu/~john1536/
No matter how one approaches the figures, one is forced to the rather
startling conclusion that the use of firearms in crime was very much
less when there were no controls of any sort and when anyone,
convicted criminal or lunatic, could buy any type of firearm without
restriction.  Half a century of strict controls on pistols has ended,
perversely, with a far greater use of this weapon in crime than ever
before.
        -- Colin Greenwood, in the study "Firearms Control", 1972