I have a Coppermine-based laptop (p3-650) that runs Potato very well.

Just my 2-cents,
Jeff

> > I just got a coppermine based laptop (hyperdata) that won't boot linux
without disabling the L2 cache.  I've tried RH 6.2, RH 6.9 and Debian 2.4
(slink).

> Debian 2.4 isn't slink, actually, there is no Debian 2.4. 2.1 is slink,
> 2.2 is potato, 2.3 is woody. 2.4...isn't, yet. Try potato, slink uses a
> 2.0 kernel, unless you find a "slink and a half cd," but I don't think
> that's an "official" debian.
>
> > It runs windoze, FreeBSD and OpenBSD just fine.
> >
> Naturally it runs linux, most laptops are designed to run windows.
>
> > It hangs on the "Loading Linux" line displaying variable numbers of
periods.  Debian is the only one that actually gave me an error of "out of
memory".

> Nice, lovely...
>
> > I read in the kernel mail archives about a detection problem for the
coppermine cache but the patch was dated late last year.