It has two buttons, with the trackball in the middle. I tried 9600 baud, no
luck. Comment/uncommenting emulate3buttons has no effect. I don't have another
mouse lying around, but I can bring one home from work tonight and try that.

If I wanted to wipe my X installation clean and re-install that (just that),
What packages do I need to remove? I'm using the latest Debian release.

Michael

On Wed, Sep 20, 2000 at 07:03:18AM -0500, Adam Maloney wrote:
> Do you have the right number of buttons set?  I.e. it's a 3 button mouse
> and you have X configured for 3 buttons, and you dont have emulate3buttons
> enabled?
>
> Are you using 9600 baud?
>
> Can you try another PS/2 mouse (if you have a spare)?
>
> On Tue, 19 Sep 2000, Michael Josephson wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Sep 19, 2000 at 08:23:00PM -0500, Adam Maloney wrote:
> > > Are you using the IMPS/2 protocol, and is it an intellimouse?  If you get
> > > goofy mouse action that's almost certainly a protocol issue.
> > >
> > It's called (reading the bottom...) a "Logitech Marble Mouse USB". It's not
> > plugged in via USB; I'm using the USB to PS/2 adapter.
> >
> > I just tried the IMPS/2 protocol. Same behaviour. Like I said, it was just
> > working a couple of week ago on my first installation using the PS/2 protocol. I
> > have no clue what I'm doing differently this time around.
> >
> > Michael

---end quoted text---

--
| Michael Josephson               |