Have you tried just downloading it and compiling from source?  I've
compiled vim a billion (nearly) times and with just the default configure
options, everything works fine.

Gabe

On Tue, Sep 19, 2000 at 10:43:47PM -0500, Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom wrote:
> It looks like the version from the 'vim-enhanced' rpm has '+syntax' in its
> options; however, it *still doesn't work*.
>
> I know I'm probably going to kick myself when I find the answer...
>
> Carl.
> --
> Network Engineer
> Real-Time Enterprises
> (952) 943-8700

Gabe Turner				       |  	   X-President,
UNIX Systems Administrator,		       | Assoc. for Computing Machinery
U of M Supercomputing Institute for	       |    Univerisity of Minnesota
Digital Simulation and Advanced Computation    |       dopp at acm.cs.umn.edu

"I'm gonna hit ya, and you're gonna fall.
 And I'm gonna look down, and I'm gonna laugh."
 						- Ren Hoek in "Sven Hoek"