> > When your company grows just grow the machine with it.  There's no
> > business sense in having a machine that cost you an arm and a leg just sit
> > idle for 99.9% of the time picking it's nose.

Likewise.  I've got a P133 (yes, 133) sitting at home serving up dynamic
PHP/MySQL and mod_perl pages to the tune of 5000-15,000 hits/day, and it's
managed to clunk along just fine.  In fact, you may find that older machines are
a better bet if you can't afford things like a power conditioner or climate
control.  For reasons I don't really understand, my server has rolled right over
power problems that caused every other PC in the house to reset.