No it wasn't, I added it to the PATH but still recieve the following:

Creating Makefile
 + configured for Linux platform
 + setting C compiler to gcc
 + setting C pre-processor to NOT-AVAILABLE
 + checking for system header files
 + adding selected modules
 + doing sanity check on compiler and options
../helpers/TestCompile: make: command not found
** A test compilation with your Makefile configuration
** failed. This is most likely because your C compiler
** is not ANSI. Apache requires an ANSI C Compiler, such
** as gcc. The above error message from your compiler
** will also provide a clue.
 Aborting!

???????

Jon