> one of my co-workers, who insists on admining his own box, and keeping it
> out on the internet connection, and not behind my firewall got sploited
> recently.. looks like the t0rn rootkit was used.. has anyone else had any
> kids in their boxes recently?  any luck tracking them?

I'm on a DSL line at home, and my box gets probed on average twice a *day*.  The
best you can usually do is try and find out who owns the IP address (which can
be something of a black art in itself) and complain to their ISP -- nine times
out of ten it turns out just to be somebody *else's* cracked home server or
DSL-connected PC.

It seems like it's gotten a lot harder today to track these guys.  For a while I
had a nearly perfect kill ratio, but lately it seems like nearly every probe is
either nigh-untraceable, or turns out to be coming from some squid-hatching
concern in Korea.