For truly anal spam blocking you could use both services.  I don't use
orbs because I don't approve of the way they scan for open relays
actively, instead of the more passive means that MAPS uses (i.e. only
abused relays are nominated).

I also think that MAPS has been much more consistent in how/who/why they
add to the blacklist.

But there's nothing wrong with running both services - I just don't run
ORBS because I disagree with how they do some things.  It can still offer
protection to supplement the MAPS RBL.  It's like buying dolphin safe tuna
or non dolphin safe tuna - you get tuna either way, just one company kills
Flipper and the other claims they don't.

Adam Maloney
Systems Administrator
Sihope Communications