On Sun, 17 Sep 2000, Michael Josephson wrote:

> > I'll bet you're using Mandrake. Add yourself to the 'xgrp' in /etc/group and
> > all will be well.
>
> Nope, I'm using Debian. Just checked, there is no xgrp group. Funny thing is
> I first installed Debian a few weeks ago. I didn't have this problem then. I
> just reinstalled a couple of days ago, and now I can't run X. Clearly, I
> have installed/setup something correctly, but I can't figure out what.

OK, strike #1. Here's another shot. Did you install X via dselect? If so,
did you choose 'task-x-window-system'? That should make sure that you get
all of the required components, libraries, etc.

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson      | Visit Sibley online:         | Check out:
Henry Sibley HS | http://www.isd197.k12.mn.us/ | http://www.zope.org/