mjn wrote:
> > > How about something like:
> > >
> > >    perl -pi.bak -e 's/(\w+)\s*=\s*(\w+)-(\w+)$/$1 = $3-$2/' <filenames>
> > >
> > Oh, don't make him do that! He doesn't think in Perl yet.  ;-)
> >
> Ahoy matties!  This worked like a charm!  Danke mucho to everyone who
> replied.

Well then, in case this looks like line noise to some, here is my "Count
Dorkula"* web page on the subject:

http://www.tc.umn.edu/~john1536/prog/perl/perl_pie.html

Have a great day,

Troy

* I sometimes make web pages for items I learn that I might not apply in
the near future (and so forget). I should have known better because I
use this all the time now, but it is a nice and easy reference for when
my brain takes a vacation day (and I can't).