Actually, I'd agree with this.  I once had to program a quicksort in MIPS
assembly.  Yes, it required I do recursion in assembly.  It was far from
fun... I don't think I really _understood_ recursion til I did that :)
I also learned that programmng, behind the scenes, is just a bunch of
gotos... How reassuring.

Gabe

On Wed, Sep 13, 2000 at 07:42:57PM -0500, Philip C Mendelsohn wrote:
> Start with assembler.  Pay your dues.  I guarantee anything else will seem
> easy afterwards.  (This is from the "if it doesn't kill you it will make
> you stronger" school of thought. ;)
>
> Phil M
>
> On Wed, 13 Sep 2000, Cook, Justin S. wrote:
>
> > java bad, c/c++/insert any other language here, good.
> > </shot_at_java>
> >
> > Justin Cook
> > Themes.org Staff
> > mailto:jsc at themes.org
> > http://kde.themes.org

Gabe Turner				       |  	   X-President,
UNIX Systems Administrator,		       | Assoc. for Computing Machinery
U of M Supercomputing Institute for	       |    Univerisity of Minnesota
Digital Simulation and Advanced Computation    |       dopp at acm.cs.umn.edu

"Question with boldness even the existence of a god."
							- Thomas Jefferson