I picked up a Dell Latitude XPi P133ST a while back, and I've installed
Linux on it.  I've got everything going except the sound on it.  Dell's
webpage (http://support.dell.com/docs/DTA/_titan/00000001.htm#P133ST)
lists it as:

SoundBlasterPro Compatible 3.01 vboice and music functions
ES1888
ISA bus
IRQ 5 (capture IRQ) 9 (playback IRQ)
DMA 0 (capture DMA) 2 (playback DMA)
I/O 0x220-22F (configuration registers)
I/O 0x288-28B (FM synthesizer)
I/O 0x330-331 (MPU 401)

Based on the kernel docs, the SoundBlaster module should be able to do it.
I've been using:

/sbin/modprobe sb io=0x220 irq=5 dma=0 dma16=5 mpu_io=0x330

(insert just about every combination of the above IRQs, DMAs, and I/O
addresses I could think of)

It consistently comes up as 'device or resource busy'.  I checked
/proc/interrupts, /proc/ioports, and /proc/dma and none of the requisite
resources are busy.  Configuring it in the kernel instead of as a module
doesn't result in any direct errors, but results in 'No such device' any
time I try to send something to /dev/audio, and /dev/sndstat shows stuff
under Installed Drivers and Card Config (everything here is in
parentheses), but nothing under Audio, Synth, or Midi devices.

Anyone else tried setting up sound on one of these that could give me a
hint?

Michael Vieths
Foeclan at Winternet.Com