* Cook, Justin S. <jcook at k-lug.com> [000913 12:18]:
> Perl is an obfuscating(sp?) language. The amount of one liners and the
> if there is one obvious way to do something, use python, otherwise use perl.

Everything can be used in multiple ways.  Computer Science is an Art.

Anyhow, calling it an obfuscating language is insulting.  Perl can be
used well.  I've been able to make perfectly fine perl code.  Its all
about style.

I find that languages that keep me from expressing the way I want to
hamper my productivity anyhow.  If I can code in perl, keep it pretty,
and get more done, why should I listen to people like you who think perl
somehow posseses programmers to do stupid things and use global vars,
not abstract, and other big nasties?

Plah-eeze.

--
Scott Dier <dieman at ringworld.org> #nicnac at efnet