AFAIK, gpg does not _yet_ include RSA encryption.  I'm sure they've been
working vigorously to include it since the algo was released into the
public domain. Also, AFIAK, there is some extremely obscure security hole
with PGP v.* (yes, all versions - well at least up through 5).  Personally,
I use PGP 2.6 because most of the keys I see are of the RSA sort.

Gabe

On Tue, Sep 12, 2000 at 12:52:18AM -0500, Bob Tanner wrote:
> I have been a long time user of pgp5, now I see everyone is making
> recommendations to move to gpg.
>
> Has anyone made this move?
>
> Does gpg support the pgp5 keyring?
>
> --
> Bob Tanner <tanner at real-time.com>       | Phone : (612)943-8700
> http://www.mn-linux.org                 | Fax   : (612)943-8500
> Key fingerprint =  6C E9 51 4F D5 3E 4C 66 62 A9 10 E5 35 85 39 D9

Gabe Turner				       |  	   X-President,
UNIX Systems Administrator,		       | Assoc. for Computing Machinery
U of M Supercomputing Institute for	       |    Univerisity of Minnesota
Digital Simulation and Advanced Computation    |       dopp at acm.cs.umn.edu

"I do not believe in the creed professed by the Jewish church, by the Roman
 church, by the Greek church, by the Protestant church, nor by any church
 that I know of.  My own mind is my church."
						- Thomas Paine