You have two files, one is the list of all files and the other is a list
of files to exclude?

all_files is the 1st, exclude is the second:

for a in `cat exclude`
do
  grep -v "$a" all_files > temp.$$
  cp temp.$$ all_files
done

That's off the top of my head.  There's a much easier way to do this but
it eludes me right now (actually there are tons of ways to do this, the
beauty of bash!).

Test this first, I just pulled it straight out of thin air and haven't
checked it.

Adam Maloney
Systems Administrator
Sihope Communications