Greetings *,

OK, at the risk of spamming the list with something of dubious comical merit
that many of you have probably already seen...

My brother-in-law ran across this, and thought of me. How kind. *I* hadn't
seen it before, and I actually chuckled out loud a couple times. Here
goes.

--snip--
You know you're a Linux geek when...
* When someone mentions "The Other OS," you think they are talking about
FreeBSD.
* You start using penguins in your Web site design.
* You've programmed your spell checker to replace "knew" and "new" with
"GNU."
* When you find . -name "what" -type F| xargs grep "where"| cut -t "when"|
grep who"> now! is a reality!
* Every job interview that you go to becomes a session of Linux Advocacy.
* You know over 20 different people by their uid on Slashdot, but have never
met them in person.
* When they saw "lie low" you think about booting Linux.
* You keep track of your highest uptime, and try to break your record.
* The only thing you ever do online is read the latest Linux news, Linux
software releases, Linux HOW-TOs, usenet Linux threads, etc., etc.
* You use /. as your homepage.
* Typing 'locate Bitch' at the command line makes perfect sense.
* You try to cat your AUTOEXEC.BAT file.
* You can reconstruct your fstab from scratch, and not even think about it.
* When in MS Word, you type :wq
* You are hitting the TAB key in the DOS shell.
* You feel patronized when your Wintel box at work asks you if you "really
want to log out"?
* You wish Windows had virtual desktops.
* You enjoy getting fsck'd when your computer boots.
* You know how to attain Enlightenment.
* In Windows, you keep referring to your drives as /dev/hdx
* Freeing the mallocs seems a worthier cause than freeing the whales.
* You ask yourself why Windows 9x has a login screen with a Cancel button.
* Someone tells you command line options for an application and you need
toilet paper to write it down.
* While at a hip party someone asks, "Hey wanna burn one?" You ask if they
have a blank CD-R.
* When other people talk about their exotic animals you think they're
talking about O'Reilly books.
* With the boot disk you're always carrying, a Debian and RedHat CD
accompany.
* You find the thought of rebooting after installing a piece of software
utterly absurd.
* Your definition of a tarball has nothing to do with fossil fuels.
* When you hear the words "Fresh meat" you think of software.
* You feel the desire to master vi.
* You have more than 10 network services enabled on your home network.
* You think "Microsoft" is a brand name for toilet paper.
* The only time your computer reboots is to try out a new kernel.
* You type "/" when trying to change directories in Windows.
* You carry a Linux boot-floppy wherever you go.
* You feel an undefined sense of shame when the advice you give on Windows
9x works.
* You're on your first date and all you can think about is open source.
* You dream of penguins.
--snip--

Enjoy.

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson      | Visit Sibley online:         | Check out:
Henry Sibley HS | http://www.isd197.k12.mn.us/ | http://www.zope.org/