Hey everyone,

I'd like to begin putting my lecture notes and overhead projector
transparencies in electronic format. I wonder if someone has a quick
recommendation.

Whatever method, I'm planning on writing in plain text for maximum
compatibility. That suggests something like vim/emacs + one of the 'roffs,
TeX, LaTeX/LyX, SGML, XML, HTML... I've got some experience with DocBook,
but I don't think that will really fit the bill. If I did use DocBook, I
would have to do a lot of work on my own custom stylesheet.

Anyone created a template for LyX before?

Any other DTDs that would work well for this.

The possibility of using XML is attractive because I could begin to do some
really fun things with indexing and searching old lectures, including
multimedia bits, and other coolness.

I'd love to get some feedback on this.

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson      | Visit Sibley online:         | Check out:
Henry Sibley HS | http://www.isd197.k12.mn.us/ | http://www.zope.org/