Quoting jack at jacku.com (jack at jacku.com):
> I would guess you might be safe. Since the Win2K Setup won't recognize a ext2
> partition you should be able to partition, install linux and then "recover"
> Win2K to the remaining partition. One thing you might want to do is create the
> Win2K "target" as a FAT32 partition and format it. That way it'll find a
> valid, empty partition to install to.

Good call.

I just risked it. :-)

Anywas the recovery cd detected a different partition layout and said

Do you want to delete current disk layout and install? N
Installing on first partition........ <snip>

First partition is the FAT32 partition I created with fdisk.
--
Bob Tanner <tanner at real-time.com>       | Phone : (612)943-8700
http://www.mn-linux.org                 | Fax   : (612)943-8500