From: "Sielaff, Bruce" <Bruce.Sielaff at iMcKesson.com>
To: "Twin City Linux Users Group (E-mail)" <tclug-list at mn-linux.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 06, 2000 4:01 PM
Subject: [TCLUG:21037] recognizing memory

: I just installed linux (redhat 6.2 - kernel 2.2.14-6.1.1) on an old
Gateway
: (P5-90) which has 80 MB of RAM (2-8MB and 2-32MB SIMs), but linux
apparently
: only sees a portion of it:
:
: from /var/logs/dmesg:
: Memory: 13336K/15360K available (1080K kernel code, 412K reserved, 468K
: data, 64K init, 0K bigmem)
:
: I tried reversing the order of the SIMS, I tried removing the 8MB SIMs and
: only using the 32MB SIMs, but nothing changed.  Just prior to installing
: linux, I had Windows NT running on the box and it claimed to see 77MB
during
: bootup.
:
: Any idea what is going on here?  How do I get linux to see all of the
: memory?  I am new to linux, so maybe I am just overlooking something
: obvious.
:
: Thanks for any help.
:
: Bruce
:
: ----------------------------------------------
: Bruce Sielaff
: iMcKesson  952-814-7143
: Bruce.Sielaff at iMcKesson.com
:
:
:
: CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments,
is
: for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential
: and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
: distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please
: contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original
: message.
:
: For additional commands, e-mail: tclug-list-help at mn-linux.org
: