USWest always offered it at 640k, it just wasn't advertised.  I've had DSL
since Oct. '98 and have had 640k the entire time.  They just advertised it
as 256k and let those close to the CO burst up to 640k.  For the last 2
years I've been consistantly getting 60kb/s downloads.  Though, uploads are
a different matter and have always been capped at 256k.  Anyone notice and
increase in upload speed?

Gabe

On Wed, Sep 06, 2000 at 10:49:56AM -0500, Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
> Now that QWest has officially opened the pipe to 640 Kbps, are there any
> providers in town (other than USWest.net) that will offer these speeds and
> static IP's for residential customers?
>
> Tom Veldhouse
> veldy at veldy.net

Gabe Turner				       |  	   X-President,
UNIX Systems Administrator,		       | Assoc. for Computing Machinery
U of M Supercomputing Institute for	       |    Univerisity of Minnesota
Digital Simulation and Advanced Computation    |       dopp at acm.cs.umn.edu

"You seeck leettle monkey!"
  		- Ren Hoek in "Stimpy's Invention"