Hi,

On Tue, 5 Sep 2000, Ben Lutgens wrote:

> No way. I have been running a G400 for like 6 months with nary a problem. What
> version of X? What wm? I have used up to 3.3.6 with various wm's. I am a die
> hard E fan so the uses are limited with the other wm's but never have I seen
> that.

I'm running X 4.0.1. This happens under WindowMaker, twm and just plain
"X" with no clients.

I've noticed X spewing out this:

Symbol drmMap from module /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/mga_drv.o is
unresolved!
Symbol drmUnmap from module /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/mga_drv.o is
unresolved!
Symbol DRIGetDrawableStamp from module
/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/mga_drv.o
is unresolved!
Symbol DRIGetDrawableInfo from module
/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/mga_drv.o is unresolved!

I didn't build X myself, I installed the binary distribution (not RPMs).

Another thing I noticed is this:

(II) MGA(0): direct rendering disabled

But I guess that's going to stay that way...

-Yaron