Bob Tanner <tanner at real-time.com> writes:

> Quoting Jon Schewe (jpschewe at eggplant.mtu.net):
> > > But then:
> > >
> > > Remounting root filesystem in read-write mode [  OK  ]
> > > Finding module dependencies [  OK  ]
> > > Starting up RAID devices: /dev/md0: Invalid argument
> > > /dev/md0 must be a nonpersistent RAID0 or LINEAR array!
> > > md0
> >
> > What's you're raidtab look like?  How did you format /dev/md0?
>
> raiddev /dev/md0
>         raid-level linear
>         nr-raid-disks 2
>         chunk-size 32
>         persistent-superblock 1
>         device          /dev/sda5
>         raid-disk       0
>         device          /dev/sdb1
>         raid-disk       1

You're raidtab looks mostly ok, not sure about the chunk-size and
persistent-superblock, you're missing hte nr-spare-disks that I have otherwise
looks the same.

> # mkraid /dev/md0

I suspect this is your problem, use mke2fs.  From the mkraid manpage:
     those  arrays.   mkraid  only  works for RAID1, RAID4, and
     RAID5 devices; linear and striped md arrays  do  not  need
     initializing.

Try doing mke2fs -c -m0 /dev/md0 then mounting it.
--
Jon Schewe | http://eggplant.mtu.net/~jpschewe