On Tue, 5 Sep 2000, Timothy Wilson wrote:

> You simply cut-and-pasted the passwd, group, and shadow entries into the new
> file? You're talking about a simple cut-and-paste between xterms? That's
> certainly simple enough.

     Yeah, that's pretty much all I did.  I had the old files backed
up on a floppy, then just did a cut & paste between consoles.  Only
one person ended up with a password problem but that was due to me
missing one character in their shadow field.

Scott
-- ossuary.net --
"Time provides the rope, but love will tie the slipknot, and
 I will be the chair you kick away." -Magnetic Fields