Anyone using dnstran to change IPs into domain names for stats for your web
site(s)?

Ever have it NOT translate IP addresses?

One 1 box (box1), same log file I get this:

Translated 0 IPs, 17759 unknown, 17756 lines in 0:01!

Same log file, different box (box2), same segment, I get this:

Translated 11838 IPs, 5921 unknown, 17756 lines in 0:00!

I contacted the author, he said it is a problem with the dns server on box1,
well box1 is not a dns server, box2 is the dns server and it works fine there.

I am sure dns is setup correctly on box1, I can nslookup forward and reverse. I
can traceroute via ip and hostname.

Any ideas?

--
Bob Tanner <tanner at real-time.com>       | Phone : (612)943-8700