Tim Sandquist wrote:

> I recall reading about this somewhere.  I wasn't very interested in it at
> the time so I don't remember it exactly.  Check the debian mailing lists
> at http://lists.debian.org/
>
> It has something to do with ssl not being in the US ftp sites or something.
> But since you already have ssl I don't know.

Make sure you have the non-us sources in /etc/apt/sources.list
# Non-US Trees
deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US unstable/non-US main contrib
non-free
deb-src http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US unstable/non-US main contrib

apt-get update; apt-get install kdelibs3-crypto

That should add the support Konqueror needs to do ssl stuff. I tried it
myself with no real success, but I think that's because Konqueror only knows
enough to shove http and ftp through a proxy server. I'll try from home in a
few hours and let you know.

Konqueror is a great browser though. Support for netscape plugins and Java
if you have a JRE or JDK installed. Anyone tried out Java support in
Konqueror with the IBM JDK? SO far I haven't gotten Konqueror to load the
Citrix Java ICA client, I admit I haven't tried very hard. :)

--
Andy Zbikowski, Sys Admin   | (PH)  763-428-9119 (EX:132)
LTI Flexible Products, Inc. | (FAX)  763-428-9126