You could use zip-crypt on your key once or twice before putting it on visi's
server. Then write a little shell scrip that will:
-unzip-crypt the key
-run pine
-delete the unzipped key when pine exits.

But your key would be uncrypted for a short time while you read your mail.

Does visi let you install binaries like zipcrypt or bcrypt in your directory?