On Tue, Oct 24, 2000 at 10:02:01AM -0700, Timothy Houck wrote:
> Mmkay.  I was hoping for something a little less obvious. :)
>
> Condensation is an issue with freon and other such coolants, and I can't
> have vents on a safe... :)
>
> Would condensation be an issue if the inside of the safe was pressurized?
>
> What about solid coolants?  The safe itself is metal... I could set up a
> system of heat dissipation into the wall of the safe itself, and rely on
> something to keep the safe walls cool...

Well, is this still a 486 we're talking about?  If so you
might be able to get away with passive cooling if the
safe is big enough.  Or better yet make a thermal connection
between the motherboard and and safe, and make the safe one
big heat sink.  Of course, if you did it badly you might
have to worry about static discharges to the safe ;)

--
Jim Crumley                  |
crumley at fields.space.umn.edu |