Well, I finially got to play with this little Netgear printserver I picked
up. All I can say is, neat! It supports LPR, SMB, and Netware (all at the
same time no less.) and two physical printers (8 logical printers, each
printer can have 4 different profiles.)

The thing has a embedded SMB server, so when you connect to it via SMB,
you'll see two printers, P1 and P2. I don't have a need for logical
printers, but I assue they would show up as well.

If the printer hanging off this thing worked in Linux I would have tried it
out, but alas, no such luck. Netgear has a script (you can get it from their
website or the included CD)

As with other Netgear devices it is a heavy duty device.

There is windows software included to configure the server, but the windows
software is really just a front end. The printserver is configured by ftp!
Ftp to the server, get CONFIG, edit the confing file, and put CONFIG.
Restart the print server and you new config takes effect. Slick.

There aren't many configuration issue to worry about though, the only thing
I changed is the name of the print server to make it easier to remember. It
configured it network settings via DHCP. (you can also upe arp or bootp...)
If you don't have an automatic configuration server, you'll have to use the
windows software to configure the IP address via IPX.

At about half the price of an external HP JetDirect server, this thing seems
to be well worth it. I hope it eliminates a few printing headaches. I have
the PS110 model, there is another modle that combines the print server with
a 4-port hub should you find that useful.

Ok, off to see what the autogenerated printcap looks like...

--
Andy Zbikowski, Sys Admin   | (PH)  763-428-9119 (EX:132)
LTI Flexible Products, Inc. | (FAX)  763-428-9126