On Mon, 23 Oct 2000 andy at theasis.com wrote:

> OK, but I'm interested in seeing how many of those 486s you'd have to
> assemble before you can beat a PIII (at say 750MHz).

That's kind of what I want to see too.  I'm hypothesizing that it depends
heavily on the particular problem -- I bet not too many for problems that
lend themselves to parallelism kind of a thing.

Given that the "To Do List" seems to grow exponentially from the middle, I
hope it makes it to the top.

BTW, are their any LUGers with experience doing a Beowulf?

Cheers,
Phil M

--
"To misattribute a quote is unforgivable." --Anonymous