On Mon, 23 Oct 2000, Chris Opp wrote:

> What kinds of things can be done using Linux on old PCs, (i.e. 486, Pentium
> 100, etc)? I am already aware that you can use an older 486 to make a router
> out of it, but what other creative things can be done?

I'm hoping to harness a few (half dozen) 486 to see if I can't do a
mini-Beowulf cluster.  I would be pickled tink if I can do some
computational fluid dynamics faster than the easy to get at machines at
the U.  (I'm not trying to compete with the supercomputing facility.)

Cheers,
Phil M

--
"To misattribute a quote is unforgivable." --Anonymous