From: Callum Lerwick [mailto:lerwick at tcfreenet.org]
Sent: Thursday, October 19, 2000 1:07 AM
To: tclug-list at mn-linux.org
Subject: Re: [TCLUG:22854] Installation problem

> The problem I am having is that (1)at varying points during the install,
the
> system will freeze, or (2)after a successful installation will freeze
during
> the reboot, or (3) after a successful installation and reboot, the system
> will freeze after running for a short time.  It seems independent of
whether
> I install X.  In the case of 2 or 3 above, if I hit the reset button on
the
> box, linux starts to boot, does an fsck and basically tells me that my
> filesystem has been trashed.  Also, the installation process tells me that
> have very little memory and if, after installation, it successfully
reboots,
> the dmesg file reports only about 15MB of RAM.

Lets see the dmesg. You probably need a "mem=80M" on the kernel command
line for one thing, since Linux isn't very good at detecting on machines
with more than 64M for some reason. :P

For additional commands, e-mail: tclug-list-help at mn-linux.org

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments,  is
for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). The information contained in
this message may be private and confidential, and may also be subject to the
work product doctrine. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
message.