On Thu, 19 Oct 2000, Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:

> BTW - there is no such thing as quality of power.  If you are getting 250W,
> that is it - you have 250W.

Not exactly.  Mostly parts is parts when it comes to buying power
supplies, but there's a lot more to this story than that.  I'll suggest
taking it off list if anyone really wants to open the can of worms.  It's
really an electrical engineering thing.  (Counterexample:  1A at 10V is
10W, but so is 10A at 1V.  But we're talking about the dynamics of energy
storage and transfer in a switching mode P.S. -- there's a little more
math involved.  Then we can talk about local decoupling at the board,
yada, yada.)

But, I agree, that if you go to a store and buy a big enough supply, that
should probably take care of your immediate concerns.

Cheers,
Phil M

--
"To misattribute a quote is unforgivable." --Anonymous