> Open Office 6 has an HTML editor built in. you can even swith between
> HTML view and WYSIWYG modes. Be warned though that you will want to go
> back over the code when you are done to clean it up a little. I haven't
> used the 'openoffice 6' that much yet but that was the case with the
> 'star office 5.2' version.

SO 5.1's document-to-HTML converter produced some truly vile HTML.
(<font> tags on each line in a paragraph, f.ex.)

I don't think I saw an HTML editor per se in it; just the option to save a
document as HTML.

Hopefully it's gotten better in 5.2 and 6.0; but I doubt it will be good
enough.

what we really need is a word processor that saves its files as SGML.
documents are portable in the extreme (it's just marked-up plain text); and
can be trivially converted to whichever other format you like (text, HTML,
LaTeX, PostScript, etc).
the tragedy of closed-source software, is that this need has been ignored
for decades, in the interest of vendor lock-in and forced upgrades.

Carl Soderstrom
--
Network Engineer
Real-Time Enterprises