Whenever you see that much packet loss on a local network, it's usually
mismatched duplex.

Jay

-----Original Message-----
From: Adam Maloney [mailto:adamm at sihope.com]
Sent: Monday, October 16, 2000 7:20 AM
To: tclug-list at mn-linux.org
Subject: Re: [TCLUG:2254] Cable modem is ripping me off

How is that working for you?  One of the tenants in our building bought an
ethernet connection to us, and they're using a Netgear ethernet router as
their gateway.  I kid you not, the thing drops every other packet.  We
opened a dos prompt on their win server and ran a ping, 50% packet loss.

Adam Maloney
Systems Administrator
Sihope Communications

On Mon, 16 Oct 2000, BT wrote:

> I picked up a netgear Gateway Router box and a net hub, got the hub with
my nic cards,
> the router lets use as many boxes as I want.
>
> Apu wrote:
>
> > I used to run two boxes using cable modem and a small hub, but recently
I observed

For additional commands, e-mail: tclug-list-help at mn-linux.org