hehe.. i take it you saw the price list.. yes, there are a couple other
projects, and some commercial ones. (for car stereo)

Rockford (or was it pioneer) has a in-dash mp3 jukebox, based on a 8 slot
smartmedia reader.. i think it's lame as hell.

Aiwa has a indash MP3-CD player.. havn't heard good or bad about it yet..

there are a couple other custom-made type empeg competitors.. but they use
stuff like ESS sound chips, and other low-end hardware.

if you want more info on the empeg.. just email me.

Thank You,
        Ben Kochie (ben at nerp.net)