actualy bob.. this is AT&T/mediaone cable that does this.. (timewarner
just uses DHCP, you can take as many IP's as you want) and it's actualy
just picking the mac address, and only leting one at a time go
through.. (with some 5 min timeout or something)  this is the way it
works, last i checked.. (i know it works for one-way like this.. but i
forget how 2 way works... i thought i remember having to register our mac
address)

Thank You,
        Ben Kochie (ben at nerp.net)