From: dopp at acm.cs.umn.edu
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 13:39:21 -0500
To: tclug-list at mn-linux.org
Subject: Re: [TCLUG:22570] OT: Motherboard Recommendations Wanted

Hmmm... Seems like the 370DL3 is much more attainable.  AFAICT, the only
difference between the 370DL3 and 370DE6 is that the 370DL3 can take 4 GB
of ECC Ram...

SuperMicro makes surpersweet boards, IMHO.  How do their dual flip-chip
boards perform?  I know that people are having difficulties getting Quake
3
and other closed-source "made with SMP in mind" programs to work on boards
from other makers (ABIT, Tyan, MIS, etc).

Gabe