The SiS lineup looks something like this:
SiS 300
SiS 3D Pro AGP
SiS 530
SiS 540
SiS 5597
SiS 5598
SiS 620
SiS 630
SiS 6326
SiS SG86C201
SiS SG86C205
SiS SG86C215
SiS SG86C225

All the above cards are supported in XFree86 3.3.6. 4.0.1 may not support
all of them, or maybe it supports more. I don't know. What do you mean "not
fully supported?" You're 3D Pro AGP doesn't have 3D support under Linux?
Well, the only cards that do have 3D acceleration are nVidia (TNT2,
geForce...) 3DfX (all the vodoo line to different degrees) and Matrox (G200
and G400). Beyond that 3D support is scarce.

If your problem is getting X to start and your card is in the above list,
you're probally pusing your monitor out of range. Adjust the timings
according to the manual for optimal performence. (I couldn't push my monitor
past 1152x864 until I specified the horizontal and vertical sync rates. Now
I can push it up to 1600x1200, but that gets really hard to read on an aging
17" display.)

For business enviorments I'd go with a G200. 3D on the card isn't bad, but
it doesn't compare with a TNT2, G400, or a geForce. I think my G200 did 2D
better than my TNT2 though. Too bad G200 OpenGL drivers were so flaky when
the TNT2's came out or I could have held out for a geForce. Half Life on LDS
is only amusing for a few moments.

--
Andy Zbikowski, Sys Admin   | (PH)  763-428-9119 (EX:132)
LTI Flexible Products, Inc. | (FAX)  763-428-9126