> It's a miroVideo 20TD Live card.  I've done some looking and it appears to be
> supported, but no definitive answers yet.  Figured that xawtv should be able
> to export it's window, since it's just another X application.

Ah, but its not a normal program. At least for the bt848 it sets up the
capture card to write to the video card's framebuffer. Its then all
handled with bus mastered PCI DMA. Which means the card has to support
it. Going through the CPU would eat a ton of cycles and most likely
won't be able to keep up to 30fps.

How the miro does it is a good question...